The full “Less Talk, More SEL” Tool Kit is a five-week course that will guide participants through the core competencies of Social-emotional Learning (SEL). The background information, primary course activities and assignments are designed to help our RESELIENT scholars become more knowledgeable about the SEL movement, identify problematic thought life or behavior patterns and begin implementing tools to help enhance participants’ respective performance in relationships and work.
WHAT IS SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING?
(Definition by C.A.S.E.L.) Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, and establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
SEL is essential for young people and adults to be fully present, functional and healthy in their work-life and homelife. SEL expert, Kristen Hopkins aims to use her unique culturally relevant curricula and RESELIENT Coaching to teach people how to get to greatness.
- Highlight all 5 SEL Competencies and more (Self-Awareness, Relationship Skills, Social-Awareness, Self-Management, and Responsible Decision-Making).
- Help course participants identify their negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- Provide insider tools and strategies for participants to shift their mindset and replace unproductive thoughts and problematic behaviors with powerful affirmations, clear plans and consistent behaviors that will help them set and achieve goals.
- Use your new-found knowledge of SEL skills to enhance your personal and professional performance.
- Teach how being a steward of healthy “REALlationships” will grow your pockets, potential, and purpose.
- Understand the research behind employers looking to hire people with SEL skills & Workplace Development Tips.